After the singer released the accompanying piece to the new Bond thriller Spectre, the Drive team want to know your thoughts… 1 Sam Smith
Jurgen Klopp has told Liverpool starlet Joe Gomez he will do everything he can to help the defender return from his ill-timed injury as soon as possible.The new Reds manager has confirmed news that the 18-year-old defender sustained an anterior cruciate ligament injury on England Under-21 duty, which is likely to rule him out for the rest of the seasonHowever, Klopp has told the youngster he will give him all the time he needs to fight his way back to fitness.“The information about young Joe Gomez is not the best. He came back here and I met him for the first time,” he said.“What a wonderful young boy: tall, muscles in the right positions, but he has an injured knee – an ACL.“We have to make a further diagnosis and we will see when he gets operated on but from this point on he can count the days until he comes back.“It was not the best day in his life but he is a young guy and I am pretty good at waiting for players, young players especially.“This is his home and we will do everything to help him come back as soon as possible.”Klopp offered more optimistic news on striker Christian Benteke [hamstring] and Roberto Firmino [back], two players who are expected to play a major part in his plans to implement a new way of working at the club having taken over from Brendan Rodgers.“Benteke and Firmino are on their way back too. They are back on the pitch but not team training,” he added in his pre-match press conference ahead of his first game as Liverpool boss at Tottenham on Saturday.“I do not know exactly when they come back but next week [it will be with team training] and then we can see how fit they are.“For sure not Saturday [they will be fit] and I don’t think Thursday but maybe next Sunday.” Liverpool defender Joe Gomez 1
Sunderland v Newcastle United live stream Premier League football on talkSPORT 1 Sunderland v Newcastle United in the Premier League is available to live stream for free on talkSPORT this Sunday 25 October 2015.We have live commentary of the game from the Stadium of Light, which kicks off at 12:00 GMT.To listen live, click here.Join our team of John Roder and Micky Gray as they bring you all the action from Wearside, as the Black Cats host their great rivals, the Magpies.What’s your score prediction for this huge derby showdown?You could win big prizes for your score predictions by playing our free Predictor game
Former Chelsea and Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas wants to sign Premier League flop Radamel Falcao for Zenit St Petersburg.The 29-year-old striker only arrived at Chelsea in the summer on a season-long loan but after a miserable start to life at Stamford Bridge, it has been reported he would be willing to cut the deal short and return to parent club Monaco.And now Villas-Boas wants a reunion with Falcao, who he managed during his time in charge at Porto.The Colombia international was once considered one of the most feared strikers on the planet after prolific spells at Porto and Atletico Madrid.But his career has stagnated since he moved to Monaco in 2013. He scored 11 goals in his first year in France but then joined Manchester United on loan in September 2014.He endured a nightmare year at Old Trafford, scoring just four Premier League goals in 26 appearances and he has not fared any better at his second English club Chelsea.Falcao has been understudy to Diego Costa and has so far started just one game, with a further seven appearances coming from the bench, and he has so far scored only once in the league.But now AVB is ready to offer him a January escape route – and the chance to resurrect his career in Russia, according to reports. Andre Villas-Boas and Radamel Falcao during their days at Porto 1
3. Saturday 21st November vs Norwich City at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League – Risk of sacking: High – Defeat to the Canaries would be wholly unacceptable, and as with a loss at the Britannia Stadium, it could be the final straw in Mourinhos second spell in west London. Chelsea are playing no better than Norwich at present, but with a star-studded squad at the Portuguese managers disposal, anything less than three points could be unforgivable. 5 1. Wednesday 4th November vs Dynamo Kiev at Stamford Bridge in Champions League Group G – Risk of sacking: Low – With Chelseas title defence going so disastrously, the Blues should relish the chance at impressing in Europe, but they are yet to gather momentum in the Champions League, even if their chances of progressing to the last 16 remain intact. Chelsea were held to a goalless draw in Ukraine at the end of last month, and with just one point separating the two clubs, Mourinhos men will need to deliver at Stamford Bridge. Its unlikely that defeat would result in an instant dismissal for Mourinho, but the prospect of European football slipping away will really test the nerve of Roman Abramovich. 2. Saturday 7th November vs Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium in the Premier League – Risk of sacking: High – Its hard to believe that victory over the Potters is crucial in lifting Chelsea clear of the drop zone, with Mourinhos side just four points above 18th placed Newcastle United. Should Chelsea lose to Stoke and those around them enjoy a successful weekend, concern could really take hold of the club and its supporters. The Britannia Stadium is one of the toughest road trips in Englands top flight, and isnt a journey welcomed by many. However, this fixture sticks out more than most. It arrives just before the international break, and dismissing Mourinho at this time would allow the club sufficient time to find his successor. 5 4. Tuesday 24th November vs Maccabi Tel Aviv at Bloomfield Stadium in Champions League Group G – Risk of sacking: Moderate – Depending on their result against Dynamo Kiev at the beginning of the month, this clash could be a must-win particularly with a tough game against FC Porto to come two weeks later. Should Mourinho still be at the helm of the club during this trip to Israel, his fate here could be dependent upon how seriously Roman Abramovich is taking the Champions League this season. The expectance is that the Russian businessman views the competition as important as ever. Since Chelsea suffered defeat to Liverpool, their sixth Premier League loss of the season, reports have intensified that Jose Mourinho is on the verge of being sacked.It makes for truly remarkable viewing to see the reigning English champions languishing in 15th place, just four points off the relegation zone, with such poor form having inevitably led to concerns that this is far more than a blip, and rather signifies a crisis at the club.And, as is the norm in modern football, the blame is so often passed away from the players and hurled towards the manager.Mourinho, therefore, is under significant pressure and his fate could very well be decided by the end of this month, with five crucial fixtures to come in November.With this in mind, talkSPORT has taken a look at how important the result in the Blues’ next five games could be.Click the yellow arrow above, right, to read our assessment of Chelsea’s upcoming fixtures. 5 5 5 5. Sunday 29th November vs Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane in the Premier League – Risk of sacking: Low – The clash with Spurs is arguably the most highly charged of Chelseas season, and is a fixture that has proved excruciatingly difficult to call in recent years. If Mourinho has remained with the club up until this game, its unlikely that a poor result at White Hart Lane could see Roman Abramovich wield the axe. This will be Chelseas toughest game of November, and leniency may therefore be awarded. As the saying goes, Mourinho may have successfully weathered the storm by this point. However more than any other this will be one that John Terry will not want to captain his side to a heavy defeat in.
Former Aston Villa striker Dion Dublin has called for the current crop of Villa players to apologise for their dire form and take some responsibility for their low Premier League position.The Villans prop up the league table after just one win from their opening 13 league games and they were hammered 4-0 by Everton at the weekend.Tim Sherwood was dismissed as manager last month and replaced by Frenchman Remi Garde, but Dublin believes it is the players who should take the brunt of the criticism.“The managers have got to take some responsibility for the results but I’ve got to say the players have got to stand up and be counted,” Dublin told Drivetime.“I’d love to hear a couple of the players stand up in the media and say: ‘We’re to blame, we’ve been useless.’“If I was there, or [Gareth] Southgate, [Paul] Merson, [David] Ginola, [George] Boateng, [Ian] Taylor, we’d all be saying: ‘Listen we’ve been woeful, we apologise.’ I haven’t seen that yet.“I’m so disappointed – more so for the fans than anybody else. They pay their money week in week out and get nothing in return.”
1 The agent of West Ham striker Mauro Zarate has confirmed his client is in talks with Fiorentina.talkSPORT told you on Wednesday about the Serie A side’s interest in the 28-year-old, who is struggling to hold down a first-team place at Upton Park.Fiorentina are keen to sign the Argentinean on loan, ahead of a permanent move this summer.And now Zarate’s agent and brother, Rolando, has confirmed he is trying to broker a deal during the current transfer window.“We are in negotiations to reach an agreement with West Ham and I am in London to find a solution for this transfer,” Rolando Zarate told Radio Bruno.“It won’t be easy, but we hope to conclude the move by the end of this week. Fiorentina are a very competitive side who always attack and play good football.“Mauro has the right characteristics to play for Fiorentina. This is why we are talking to West Ham, to find the best solution for Mauro and Fiorentina.“Mauro wants to leave London and he really likes the idea of playing for Fiorentina.“He is playing regularly for West Ham, so they don’t want to let him go, but his desire now is to play for Fiorentina.” West Ham forward Mauro Zarate
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.The committee’s approval raised concerns that Turkey may be less restrained about defying the United States. U.S. officials said Friday there are about 60,000 Turkish troops massed along the country’s southern border with Iraq. But the U.S. military has not seen activity to suggest an imminent offensive against Kurdish rebels based in northern Iraq who have been crossing the border to attack Turkish forces. Turkey’s parliament was expected to approve a government request to authorize an Iraq campaign as early as next week. The U.S. is concerned a Turkish incursion into northern Iraq would disrupt one of the country’s few relatively stable areas. Kurdish rebels killed more than 15 Turkish soldiers in the past week and are blamed for an ambush that killed 12 people the week before. The government responded to the deaths by announcing tougher measures against the rebel Kurdistan Workers’ Party, which has bases in northern Iraq and has been fighting the Turkish government since 1984. Fried and Edelman promised to convey Turkey’s concerns to Iraqi officials in the Kurdish region. At the same time, “we told our concerns” over any Turkish military incursion, Edelman told reporters in the capital Ankara after meeting Turkish Foreign Ministry officials. Turkey’s military preparations come amid concern in Washington that the genocide resolution could jeopardize supply routes the American military has used to move armored vehicles to troops in Iraq. About 70 percent of U.S. air cargo headed for Iraq goes through Turkey, as does about one-third of the fuel used by the U.S. military there. U.S. bases also get water and other supplies overland by Turkish truckers who cross into Iraq’s north. At issue in the resolution is the killing of up to 1.5 million Armenians by Ottoman Turks. Turkey denies that the World War I-era deaths constituted genocide and says the toll has been inflated. Turkey also contends the dead were victims of civil war and unrest that killed Muslims as well as the overwhelmingly Christian Armenians.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! ISTANBUL, Turkey – Two senior U.S. officials promised Saturday that they would convey to Iraq Turkey’s unease over Kurdish rebels in the north but they also expressed concern over the possibility of a Turkish military offensive in the region. In Moscow, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice acknowledged “a difficult time” in relations with Turkey. She appealed for restraint against Kurdish rebels in northern Iraq and in Turkey’s angry response to a genocide resolution in Congress. Dan Fried, assistant secretary of state for European affairs, and Eric Edelman, undersecretary of defense for policy, met with Turkish officials in a bid to assuage anger over the resolution, which would label the World War I-era killing of Armenians by Turks a genocide. Turkey has recalled its ambassador to Washington for consultations after a House committee’s approval of the resolution last week and warned of serious repercussions if Congress passes the resolution.
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.He said Neil, 32, acknowledged being the man they were seeking, but didn’t comment on whether he was the person depicted in about 200 Internet photos having sex with a dozen different boys between the ages of 6 and 12. Only 10 days earlier, Interpol had issued the appeal to identify the man whose face had been digitally obscured by swirling part of the original photos. After German police computer experts were able to reverse the process, making the face recognizable, some photos of the man were publicly circulated, and hundreds of people responded with tips on his identity, leading to Neil’s arrest. After his arrest, Neil was driven to Bangkok, where – in handcuffs and with a blue shirt draped over his head – officers led him into national police headquarters. He was silent and unsmiling when he was presented to journalists at a news conference, at which the shirt was removed from his head but his eyes remained hidden behind sunglasses. BANGKOK, Thailand – A three-year global manhunt for a Canadian schoolteacher suspected of sexually abusing Asian boys ended Friday when police raided a house in northeastern Thailand – off the usual tourist trail – and arrested Christopher Paul Neil. Police tracked Neil to the house in Nakhon Ratchasima province that he shared with a Thai transvestite friend whose phone calls were traced by authorities. Neil, who surrendered peacefully, was found through high-tech police work that relied on digitally unscrambled photos and tips from the public after an unprecedented worldwide appeal via the Internet. “I think he knew we were coming,” said police Col. Paisal Luesomboon, who was on the five-member police team that made the arrest. “He knew that there was an arrest warrant issued and that his face was posted everywhere.”
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.After a lackluster start that was nonetheless sprinkled with big plays, El Camino flipped the switch in the third quarter and ran away from Golden West in a 44-14 Mission Conference American Division win Friday night at Orange Coast College. After Golden West (2-5, 0-2), which surprised El Camino (6-1, 2-0) with trick plays all game long, scored on its first drive of the second half to pull to within 17-14, the Warriors went on a 24-0 run to close the game with the kind of aplomb that was missing early. One big reason for the turnaround was the ability of quarterback Boo Jackson to find receiver Corey Surrency. The two hooked up for five completions and 113 yards, including a pair of key third-quarter touchdowns. But El Camino’s third-quarter scoring started with Tavares Pressley (nine carries, 87 yards, two touchdowns). On the team’s first possession of the second half, Pressley carried the ball four times for 43 yards, including a 17-yard touchdown run to cap the drive and give El Camino a 24-14 lead. On El Camino’s next two drives, Jackson hit Surrency for a 29-yard touchdown pass and a 16-yard touchdown pass. JC FOOTBALL: The Warriors’ offense comes to life, turning a close game into a rout of Golden West. By Dave Thorpe STAFF WRITER What the El Camino football team lacked in focus and discipline in the first half, it certainly made up for with explosiveness and tenacity in the second half. “It’s nice to get Corey back in the mix,” El Camino coach John Featherstone said. “He has been double-teamed a lot so Verran Tucker has been putting up the numbers. But now teams see that Tucker has the big numbers and they worry more about him, so we go more to Corey.” Meanwhile, El Camino’s defense was making life difficult for Golden West quarterback Les Obie (17-for-29 passing for 161 yards). Obie was sacked seven times and threw two interceptions. With the game winding down, Greg Ray put the icing on the cake with a 73-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter. Despite building a 17-7 lead in the first half, El Camino struggled after its first drive, which was highlighted by Jackson’s 18-yard completion to Surrency and capped by Pressley’s 19-yard touchdown run. Pressley bounced outside and raced around the left end for the score. Penalties stymied El Camino on its second drive, but it still managed a James Cullen 32-yard field goal. Jackson’s screen pass to Pressley went for 27 yards to set up the field-goal attempt. But Golden West got the ball on the El Camino 21-yard line when it was ruled Jonathan Price touched the ball on a Golden West punt and converted the opportunity into an 18-yard touchdown pass from running back Anthony Carlisle to Dan Delahoussaye (six catches, 91 yards, one touchdown). “In the first half Golden West outplayed us and outcoached us,” Featherstone said. Although El Camino’s offense looked out of sync the rest of the first half, the Warriors’ defense came up big. Golden West had the ball on the El Camino 6-yard line when Obie was picked off by cornerback Lamar Chapman, who stepped in front of a slant pattern and caught the ball on the 2-yard line. Chapman ran the ball back 98 yards to give El Camino a 17-7 lead with 50 seconds left in the second quarter. “I saw them line up wide so I sat on the slant,” Chapman said. “I saw Cory Lattimore in front of me, along with their quarterback. “I followed Cory until he took out the quarterback then I was gone.” That, it turned out, was one of the game-deciding plays. “That was huge for us,” Featherstone said. “That gave us life. If it wasn’t for that, it would have been a different game.” firstname.lastname@example.orgWant local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!